How can I register my marriage in Mumbai ?
Ans: Following are the steps involved in registering marriage in Mumbai :
- Fill up the form for marriage registration online and get appointment for physical visit to the concerned marriage registrar
- Visit of husband, wife and witnesses to the marriage registrar office
- Certificate issued
What is the fee for marriage registration in Mumbai?
Following is the structure of marriage registration fee in Mumbai :
How Itzeazy is better than any other marriage certificate agents in Mumbai?
Unlike any marriage certificate agent in Mumbai, Itzeazy is a professional company having a team of experts. It provides you hassle free service and helps you in :
- Understanding the requirement
- Proper documentation
- Appointment booking
- Support at marriage registrar office
BOOK MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ONLINE
Want to apply for marriage certificate in Mumbai ? Looking for marriage certificate agent in Mumbai and want to do online marriage registration in Mumbai ? Itzeazy provides services for Mumbai Marriage certificate online to the couples whose marriage has already been solemnized either or to the couples who are planning to get married. Itzeazy may also assist with court weddings in Mumbai. In this post, we'll look at how to get a marriage certificate in Mumbai, what documents are required, where to get a marriage certificate in Mumbai, and how to apply for a marriage certificate in Mumbai.
The Maharashtra Compulsory Registration of Marriages Act, 2008 (6 of 2008) governs the registration of marriages in Mumbai, regardless of caste, creed, or religion.
Reasons to Obtain Marriage Certificate
The marriage certificate is an essential document while applying for a passport or opening a bank account with a new surname post-wedding. Also, in the case of foreign travel or visa processing, many embassies request a copy of the marriage certificate. Hence, a marriage certificate is many obligatory couples to move abroad after the wedding
Even if you want to apply via a marriage certificate agent in Mumbai - Itzeazy, you need to be eligible. Eligibility criteria for marriage certificate Mumbai :
- There should not be subsisting valid marriage of either of the parties with any other person.
- Males should be older than 21 and female must be older than 18 years old.
- Each party should carry evidence of age and residency
- The parties should not be in a prohibited relationship to any extent.
- In order to do marriage registration in Mumbai under the Special Marriage act, one parties must have resided in the area for
at minimum one month within the area where weddings are registered.
Following are the steps in involved in applying for marriage certificate in Mumbai :
- Fill up the online form for marriage registration
- Fix an appointment at the concerned marriage registrar office for physical verification
- Submit the application in the prescribed form along with the necessary documents in the court of the Marriage Officer (Addl.
District Magistrate, Collectorate).
- The Court will get all the declarations of the parties verified, and shall register the marriage in the presence of three -
The marriage registration certificate will be issued after the registration of the marriage.
- Book Order for marriage registration online in Mumbai.
- We will provide a list of the documents you need for the marriage registration based on your specifications.
- Documents must be uploaded for pre-check.
- You have to make 50% payment online.
- Schedule document pickup and application signature.
- Application submitted by marriage certificate agent in Mumbai - Itzeazy.
- Scheduling of appointment for marriage registration.
- Make 50% balance payment. Pay Visit with your partner & 2 witness to registrar office for verification purpose.
- Marriage certificate in Mumbai issued & delivered.
- Order closed
Following are the documents required for marriage certificate in Mumbai :
- Bride & Bridegroom Age proof: School/ College leaving certificate, Birth certificate, Passport, Domicile certificate
- Bride & Bridegroom Residential Proof : Ration Card, Election Card, Electricity bill (in the name of person),Telephone bill (in the
name of person), Passport, Aadhar Card
- 4 passport size photographs of both Bridegroom / Bride each to get marriage certificate in Mumbai
- Wedding Card.
- In case of non availability of Wedding card , Affidavit of both husband wife and three witnesses is required
- Three (3)Witness Proof :- Ration Card OR Passport OR Election Card OR Driving Licence OR Govt. Identity Card.
- 2 photographs of each witness.
- Any residential proof of each witness.
- In case of Divorcees : Divorce Decree Certificate must be produced.
- In case of widow and widower : Municipal Death Certificate of concerned person must be produced
Types of Marriage Registration In Mumbai
You can register your marriage in 2 ways
- After the marriage has been solemnized, go to the registry office to register the marriage
- Having registered the marriage under the special marriage act and then solemnizing the ceremony is the next step.
The couples who wants to do register marriage or court marriage can do so under special marriage act . Its 30 days procedure and is two stage process.
COURT MARRIAGE PROCEDURE IN MUMBAI
The procedure for getting a marriage certificate in Mumbai is very easy and smooth. The whole process can be completed in less than two days if you have all the required documents handy and your partner agrees to the union.
The process is simple and straightforward, taking into consideration the law of this country. Moreover, it is also affordable and convenient because of its simplicity and low cost involved with it.
Application for Notice of Intended Marriage (Form-1)
Both of you need to submit an application to notify of your intention to marry. Then, you must submit your application to the wedding registry using the form that is prescribed. You must attach the proof of no objection to marriage that was issued by the priest who has authority over the place of residence of the couple.
Certificate from Court/Magistrate/Public Prosecutor
A certificate from court/magistrate/public prosecutor stating that there is no pending litigation or criminal proceedings against either party at any stage shall be attached with these documents as it helps to avoid unnecessary delays while getting married in court after obtaining permission from court.
Application for Conditional Order of Marriage Registration in Mumbai (Form-2)
The application for the conditional order of marriage registration in Mumbai along with Form-2 is to be submitted at the office of the Marriage Registrar and is to be filled in by both parties individually. The application forms are available at their respective offices and can also be downloaded from their website as well. Once this has been done, 2 witnesses need to attest your signatures on each form before submitting them to the department.
Issue of Public Notice (Form-3)
After you have submitted the affidavits, a notice has to be issued. The notice is published in the newspaper and it contains the names of both parties along with details about their age, residence etc.
The Registrar of Marriage will issue this notice that gives 15 days time for hearing objections from other people who may have some objection against this marriage.
The public notice is published in local language newspapers published in the district where you live or where your marriage is going to take place.
Marriage Registration Certificate after 30 days
If you are getting married in court marriage, then the Marriage Registration Certificate is issued by the Registrar of Marriage. The Marriage Certificate in Mumbai will issue after 30 days of the marriage.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR COURT MARRIAGE IN MUMBAI
Following are the documents required for court marriage in Mumbai :
- Separate affidavits from the bride and groom, stating - Birth date, Present marital status, and declaration that the parties
are not related in the sense of prohibited relationships as defined in the Special Marriage Act.
- 4 Passport size photos of the groom and bride
- Address Proof of husband or wife whose area SDM has been approached for the marriage certificate (photocopy of any of
the following: Aadhar Card Voter Card or Passport Card Driving License, Rent Deed/Lease Deed)
- Date of Birth proof of the bride and groom (photocopy of any of the following documents: passport, class 10th certificate
birth certificate, passport)
- Duly signed notice of intended marriage by the bride and groom
- Death certificate or divorce decree whichever is applicable, in case one of the parties had any marriages in the past.
- In case one of bride or groom is foreigner , Single status certificate or NOC from concerned embassy
Documents required for Witness for Marriage registration in Mumbai
- A passport-sized photo of each witness for marriage registration in Mumbai
- Photocopy of the PAN card of each witness
- Photocopy of the Identity Documents of each witness (photocopy of any of the following: Aadhaar Card, any - Government. recognized document driving License, NFS Ration Card PAN Card Passport Voter Identification Card (front as
well as back)
Whether you are applying via marriage certificate agent Mumbai- Itzeazy or you want to do marriage registration in Mumbai on your own, visiting the court is important in both cases. So, here is the court marriage office in Mumbai.
- Sub Registrar’s Office (Bombay) Old Custom House, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Ground Floor, Fort, Mumbai 400 023.
- Sub Registrar’s Office (Bandra), Andheri & Borivaii Taluka, MHADA Building, Ground Floor, Kalanagar, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400
- Sub Registrar’s Office (Chembur) Kurla Taluka, R.C.V. Marg, Near Rationing Office, Administrative Buildings, Ground Floor,
Chembur, Mumbai 400 071.
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward A:
‘A’ Ward Office Building, 134 ‘E’ Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Near R.B.I., Fort, Mumbai-400001.
Contact: 022-22660883, 22620025, 22624000, 22607000
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward B:
‘B’ Ward Office Building, 121, Ramchandra Bhatt Marg , Opp.J.J.Hospital , Mumbai-400 009.
Contact: 022-23780133, 23736622, 23794000
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward C:
‘C’ ward Office Building, 76, Shrikant Palekar Marg, Sonapur Street, Chira Bazar-Kalbadevi, Mumbai – 400002, Near Marine Lines Railway Station, Chandanwadi.
Contact: 022-22055450, 22014022, 22014000, 23424669
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward D:
‘D’ ward Office Building, Jobanputra Compound, Nana Chowk, Mumbai-400 007.
Contact: 022-23861426, 23864000, 23861427, 23861428, 23861429
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward E:
‘E’ ward Office Building, 10, Shaikh Haffizuddin Marg, Byculla, Mumbai-400 008.
Contact: 022-23083695, 23081471, 23014000, 23081470
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward F North:
‘F/N’ ward Office Building, Plot, No.96, Bhau Daji Marg, Matunga, Mumbai-400 019.
Contact: 022-24024353, 24024354, 24024355
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward F South:
‘F/S’ ward Office Building, Jagganath Bhatankar Marg, & Dr.B.A.Road Junction, Parel Naka, Mumbai-400 012.
Contact: 022-24134560, 24134545
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward G North:
‘G/N’ ward Office Building, Harischandra Yewale Marg, Behind Plaza Cinema, Dadar, Mumbai-400 028.
Contact: 022-24397800, 24397888
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward G South:
‘G/S’ ward Office Building, N.M.Joshi Marg, Elphinstone, Mumbai-400 018.
Contact: 022-24224000 24305031
Ward H East:
H/E ward Office Building, Plot No.137 TPS-5 Prabhat Colony, Santacruz (E), Mumbai-400 051.
Contact: 022-26138900 26182217
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward H West:
‘H/W’ ward office Building, Saint Martin Road, Behind, Bandra Police Station , Bandra (West), Mumbai-400050.
Contact: 022-26422311, 26422312, 26422313, 26422314, 26418509
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward K East:
K/E, ward Office Building, Azad Road, Gundavali, Andheri(East), Mumbai-400 069.
Contact: 022-26816730, 26837104, 26840103, 26832006, 26847000, 26840986, 26834475
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward K West:
K/West ward Office Building, Paliram Road, Near, S.V. Road, Opp. Andheri Railway Station, Andheri(W), Mumbai-400 058.
Contact: 022-26237932, 26239166, 26239131, 26239190, 26239499
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward L:
Municipal Market Building, S.G.Barve Road, Kurla (West) , Mumbai – 400070.
Contact: 022-26505103 26505106
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward M East:
M/E Ward Office Bldg., Building Flat no.38 & 39, Village Devnar, M.T. Kadam Marg, Peri Feri Road, Devnar Landmark Devnar Colony, Mumabi-400 043
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward M/ West:
M/W ward Office Building, Sharadbhau Acharya Marg, Near Natraj Cinema, Chember, Mumbai-400 071.
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward N:
N ward Annex Building, Jawahar Road, Ghatkopar (E), Mumbai-400 077.
Contact: 022-25010161, 25010162, 25010163, 25010164, 25010165, 25013000
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward P North:
P/N Ward Office Building, Liberty Garden, Mamletdarwadi Marg, Malad (West), Mumbai-400 064.
Contact: 022-28824269, 28823267, 28823266, 28824625, 28824913, 28824711, 28826000
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward P South:
P/S Ward Office Building, Opp.City Center Shopping Mall, S.V. Road, Goregaon, Mumbai-400 064.
Contact: 022-28721186, 28737000
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward R Central:
R/C Ward Office Building, Palika Mandai Buiding, S.V. Raod, Near Boriwali, Railway Station, Borivali (West), Mumbai – 400092.
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward R North:
R/N Ward Office Building, Sangeetkar Sudhir Phadkey Flyover Bridge, Jaywant Sawant Marg, Dahisar (West), Mumbai-400 068.
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward R South:
R/South Ward Office Building, Mahatma Gandhi Cross Road No.2, Near S.V.P. Swimming Pool, Kandivali (West), Mumbai – 400 067.
Contact: 022-28054788, 28056000
Marriage registrar office Mumbai Ward S:
S Ward Office Building, Lalbahadur Shashtri Marg, Near Mangatram Petrol Pump, Bhandup (West), Mumbai – 400078.
Contact: 25947574, 25954000, 25947572, 25947575
Marriage registrar office MumbaiWard T:
T Ward Office Building, Lala Devidayal Marg, Mulund (W), Mumbai – 400080.
Contact: 022-25645291, 25645292